Info / Admissions
“Erdkinder” – The Montessori Answer to Adolescence
The Adolescence Program curriculum integrates intellectual and practical work, providing opportunities for students to directly apply the curriculum to meaningful adult work tasks. Students are able to live their studies, resulting in greater levels of engagement. The work on the land is physical and this facilitates the integration of the daily changes in the adolescent’s body.
Montessori “Erdkinder” Team
All of our adolescent Montessori Teachers and Specialists have a thorough understanding of:
• early childhood and elementary Montessori philosophy and curriculum;
• adolescent psychology and development;
• the mainstream of Polish and IB middle school and secondary education and contemporary college admission requirements;
• Montessori’s thought in the area of adolescent education;
• today’s most promising and innovative secondary curriculum elements and teaching methods;
• individual and group counseling techniques;
• strategies for facilitating the growth of independence, responsibility, logic, and compassion in teenagers; and
• the practical issues of organizing, structuring, and administrating alternative secondary school programs.
• Mathematics and IT (in English and in Polish);
• Science (biology, chemistry, geography and physics – bilingual);
• History and Polish;
• English and IB MYP studies/preparations;
• Languages (LOTE – Languages Other Than English) French / German / Spanish;
• Microeconomics and Business Studies through running businesses such as: a kitchen or wood shop;
• Self-expression through Music, Poetry, Arts;
• Physical activity (PE).
More information about the duties of classes for the school and subjects taught at our school in CURRICULUM.
• Food Science and Microeconomics Experience at the “Fast and Healthy” Kitchen Project;
• Animal Husbandry
• Gardening and Ecology
• Toddler’s Center Support
The school is open from 7:00 A.M.
Although academic studies will start at 8:30 A.M. every day the students taking part in daily chores will have the opportunity to come to school as early as 6:00 or 7:00 o’clock in the morning to see them (chores) as a responsibility, community contribution, and as a fact of life.
If you are interested in obtaining further information about the Montessori school and method, we invite you to visit our facility, after making an appointment with the person responsible for recruitment:
Szymon Mikołajczak – School Director
T: +48 882 111 045, or send and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Niepubliczna Szkoła Podstawowa Warsaw Montessori School,
Niepubliczne Gimnazjum Warsaw Montessori Middle School „ERDKINDER”
We also invite you to read the articles about our Montessori schools and philosophy on the Warsaw Montessori Family website.